Now is the time I get to sit back and wait for paint to dry. I use so much painting medium to make my layers transparent that if I put a new layer on top of a not dry one, the solvents in the medium loosen the undercoat and then I end up with pale patches here and there. That has actually accidentally worked to my advantage on occasion, especially when I did the first painting of Mabelline (the view of her from the rear). I panicked when I saw what was happening, but somehow it worked itself out and everything blended together nicely.
I was worried about the background for Sue, getting the blurred snowy treelimbs and the snowflakes to look like they belonged there instead of some artificial design trick. I think I’m happy with it as is, and will restrain myself from fussing with it. Waiting for the paint to dry will give me some time to think about how I’m going to integrate Sue’s fuzzy coat into the background. On the other hand, I often do my best work when I don’t think about it. To think, or not to think…heck of a question.