Being crafty–got the drawing display rack!

I saved myself some dollars, but spent a lot of time doing it. I think it was worth it. I did find the plastic file divider, exactly where I thought I had dreamed it was–on a shelf in the basement. It had three sections, and I only needed one. So I lopped off the back section with a hacksaw, as the whole thing would have been too wide if I used it all. Then I had to figure out how to get the middle remaining divider out. I know at one time I had a coping saw, which would have been perfect, but of course I couldn’t find it. I did have an oddity known as a “bear saw”, which while awkward, did do the job.

The next challenge was to insert one of the dividers back into the structure on a slant, so the drawings would be displayed on a slope, making it easier to thumb through them. Had some silicone cement, but it was all dried up. Looked around and finally found the only remaining candidate–some caulk. It worked, just took forever to dry.

Next up was a sign to tell people what the heck they were getting for their $25. A matboard scrap did nicely, with a neat print-out of the pertinent information spray-glued onto it and cut to fit the shape of the plastic front panel. Velcro to stick the cardboard to the panel (handy for easy removal and replacement if necessary) and now, finally, two hours later, Voilà!

About Alli Farkas

Equine and landscape artist specializing in rural Americana
This entry was posted in silly stuff and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.