Well, the magenta undercoat hasn’t totally disappeared but it has acquired some new color. I did a little test run by painting some magenta and yellow on a palette sheet and dropping other colors over it. I coded the test sheet so I could remember what I did, but you can’t really see what I wrote through the glare.
Anyhow, this background will be getting progressively darker. I don’t know how many layers it will take to do that, but I will keep going until I get there. The main water lily subject matter will go on top of this background, just like it did for Sky Pads 27. This one will be a bit more subdued however.